Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Aila..aila..Keep Alive Blog

Posted: 8 April 2008
******************

Ooops...bloody long time since I last wrote anything.Not that I have anything to write now, thought atleast I'll try and keep the blog alive.

Well, last time I wrote was when I was in Brazil enjoying a Lesbian open air party in Brasilia. Before ending my trip in Brazil, spent an amazing one week in Rio.Amazing place and out of all the cities that I have visited till now, this was the city which reminded me most of Mumbai. From the favellas (slums) that you see as soon as you get out of the airport to the feeling you get while travelling on the road during wee hours of the morning.Heck,forget Rio,Brazil has been the only country of all the 12-13 countries that Ive been to where I feel Indians could assimilate in society faster that any other place if just the language barrier is overcome.

Anyways, that was Brazil which was good till it lasted. Then came Europe's turn (again).This time though I headed to Luxembourg for close to two months. Apart from celebrating the new year's eve there and walking past L.N.Mittals Arcelor-Mittal HQ (which was 5 mins walking distance from my hotel :P), not much time was spent exploring Luxembourg. Rather made most of my European trip by visiting Paris for a weekend. Since I was there during Christmas time, made a trip to meet a friend who's studying in Germany and together we went in search of Nirvana to Amsterdam for a weekend. :))

Amsterdam trip was especially good for one of the best experiences I had there. Staying in a cheap Hostel during the weekend bang in the red light district, came across some real interesting people.Seeing different individuals coming out and having a good time together: two French guys, an American, a Spanish guy, one from Ecuador, a few from Brazil.Each having a good time in his own way till the wee hours of morning, pretty good place for international bonding I would say. Learned to play BlackJack btw that day, and was pretty lucky at that too. :)

Ofcourse European trip came to an end as well and I headed to India thinking I'll finally get to spend sometime at home.And ofcourse, that wasnt to be. :))

Short stint to Taipei,Taiwan followed, within 2 weeks of my arrival in India, where for a week had to give training to a client. As with most people I've encountered everywhere, met some real nice people who made sure my stay was comfortable.Spent the weekend there walking and exploring the place with a map in hand and a daily train pass.A place very similar to Hong Kong I guess atleast with respect to the public transport system and some major commercial areas I went to.One interesting incident was when I was strolling in the 101 tower and came across my school captain from my childhood school Indian School,Kuwait.

And finally we come to my present destination. Within 3 days of coming back from Taiwan, was sitting again in a plane bound for Seattle,USA.Have been here for over two months now, including some good time spent in California with Parul during weekends one of which was spent playing Holi in a Hindu temple in San Jose. :)

Another 3 weeks to go before i head back home. Inshallah,the evil designs will fail to put me on a plane for atleast a month once I'm there. :))

So,thats it,an attempt to keep this blog from fading out. Hopefully it doesnt take me another 8 months to come back here and post something. And hopefully, the next post would be more meaningful that just where Ive been and what Ive done. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment